While out shopping yesterday, I went into Brandy Melville which just opened on Newbury Street. I go some really nice pieces for a great price. I hope to feature them in this blog soon. Anyway, since I’m such a shopaholic, I decided to compose this list with what I think are the trendiest fashion staples for this month.
1. Harem Pants: I love this pair from Urban Outfitters. Also, if you’re not completely happy about the whole Harem Pant look, you can always go with a wide-leg pant made out of a similar fabric. The whole point of this look is comfort and breezyness.
2. Bright Tops: Summer is all about incorporating bright colors into your wardrobe. Depending on your skin tone, you might want to opt for a green color like the one below (usually works better for fairer skins) or coral or red for those with a darker skin tone. This one from Zara gives the perfect vibe.
3. Wedges: Nothing says summer like wedges. You can get a classic brown wedge or you can get one with a cool pattern or design like this one from Nine West. These ones, especially with shorts or a white summer dress would look fantastic!
4. Bright Sunglasses: I am absolutely in love with this Burberry pair. They’re a little bit on the expensive side so this FredFlare pair is just as cute (and you won’t feel bad about getting it ruined after summer shenanigans).
5. Beach Bag: And of course, an essential to every summer wardrobe is a beach bag. Even if you don’t leave in a particularly beachy area, this Tory Burch bag is fashion-forward and definitely has that summer feel. Stuff it with sunscreen, your favorite summer read, and a few snacks, and you’re all set!
Ok, I like Pinkberry and the whole froyo fad. But there comes a time where a girl just needs real fatty ice cream. I discovered JP Licks thanks to my boyfriend’s friends and I have been addicted ever since. JP Licks has a ton of unique, homemade flavors. I try to get a new one every time. Yesterday I had Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chip and it was amazing. The vibe is real cool, too. Also, for those of you out there who don’t want all the fatty, yes, there is froyo in unique flavors as well. But c’mon, who are you kidding?
1. After going to Boston for the first time in orientation, there was one place I vowed to absolutely visit again. I’m ashamed to say that not once did I go to Mike Pastry while I was in school. So this summer I want to go at least once and have one of their world-famous cannolis.
2. Have a picnic at The Boston Common. I can count with the fingers on one hand how many times I went to the park. It’s a shame, really, and I’m determined to have a picnic (or at least tan) at the Commons at some point.
3. So, when I was out with my friend who lives in Boston, she told be the best pizza was at Regina Pizzeria. No more explanation needed.
4. This might sound stupid, but I actually want to actually start and keep this blog.
5. Take more photos! So I’ve always wanted to do more stuff with photography. Honestly, I’ve started (and quit) the hobby so many times I can’t even count. I have a Holga and some undeveloped film. Maybe I can try my hand at it again using Boston as the best setting.
I know this summer won’t be short of an adventure. I’m working, I’m away from home, and I’m living with my boyfriend and his family. I can tell already that it’s going to be a great adventure where I grow up and learn. I can’t wait. Just a few more days!